After the success of the previous five slow chats we return at the end of the summer holidays with #teacher5aday #slowchat6 – a celebration of our profession.
The daily chats will be the starting point for each hosts’ pedagoo learning conversations for #pedagoohampshire18. They will reference Viviennne Porritt’s closing session from 2017 with a focus on turning learning into development and might even touch on the DfE’s latest workload documentation.
If you need any ideas about how things have developed so far …
- #Teacher5adaySlowChat 1 – A Week of Well-Being http://wp.me/p4VbxY-d0
- #Teacher5adaySlowChat 2 – Developing Healthy Habits http://wp.me/p4VbxY-eZ
- #Teacher5adaySlowChat 3 – From Learning into Development http://wp.me/p4VbxY-hc
- #teacher5aday #slowchat4 – Bringing the DfE Reducing Teachers Workload Report to Life http://wp.me/p4VbxY-mg
- #teacher5aday #slowChat5 – A week of well-being chat – build it with us in prathership with the @CharteredCollege https://martynreah.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/cpd-support-network-or-just-sharing-good-news-stories-slowchat-teacher5aday/
Who is involved?
The seven fantastic educators listed below will lead a day and share their ideas about their learning conversations at #PedagooHampshire18 . Questions will be shared each morning from 8.00 am based on the blogs below and as with previous slow chats we hope you can dip in for an hour, a day or take part for the full week.
The intention is the blogs and subsequent discussions will be the precursor to #PedagooHampshire18 where Sue Roffey will be delivering the Keynote this year. So far over 200 teachers have signed for the 4th annual educonference at Eggar’s School (@eggars) in Hampshire on Saturday the 15th of September.
Tickets are still available here https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pedagoohampshire18-tickets-43049754976 if you are interested in attending.
Teacher5aday #SlowChat6 Hosts and Blogs
Monday – Rachel Atherton @AthersScience
Tuesday – Abbie Mann @abbiemann1982
Wednesday – Ros Farrell @RosFarrell1
Thursday – Adrian Bethune @AdrianBethune
Friday – Lorna Taylor @JollyBack
Saturday – Jenna Watson @thefinelytuned
Sunday – James Mosley @Jmosley_history
What do you need to do during the week?
- Read the blogs
- Tweet your views about the questions posted each day
- Ask your questions about each subject
- Enjoy connecting with people interested in the well-being debate
- Remember to use the #teacher5aday #slowchat6 hashtag
How can you continue after the week is finished?
You could write a #teacher5aday pledge for 2018 like these https://martynreah.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/teacher5aday-pledges-2016/ based on the tips and reviews which can be found here –
- The original #teacher5aday post http://wp.me/p4VbxY-6E
- Original research evidence from @NEF http://www.neweconomics.org/projects/entry/five-ways-to-well-being
- A guide on how to get started with your #teacher5aday http://wp.me/p4VbxY-76
Thanks to all for getting involved and see you at the end of the summer.